Adaptive Adventures Wounded Warrior Dragon Boat Team will be practicing from May through August this season. The team is made up of Wounded Warriors and their families. The team will practice on Sunday's and will compete in two or more local races in 2014, including the 3rd annual Chicago International Dragon Boat Festival in July.
TO JOIN the Adaptive Adventures Wounded Warrior Dragon Boat Team CONTACT US TODAY!
- May 18 - cancelled
- June 1
- June 8
- June 22 Yoga at Noon!
- June 29
- July 6 - "Picnic in the Park ...with a BEACH!" We'll also have Yoga
- July 13
- July 20 Yoga at Noon!
- July 26 - Chicago International Dragon Boat Festival
- Drink bottle
- Change of clothes (just in case)
What is Dragon Boat Racing?
Coined as the “ultimate team sport’, dragon boat racing is the world’s fastest growing water sport. This 2,500-year old Chinese sport involves 20 team members paddling in unison to a drummer’s beat in a long, narrow boat decorated at the bow and stern with a dragon’s head and tail. Dragon Boat racing is recognized for the camaraderie, strength and endurance fostered among the participants and has become extremely popular as a corporate team-building activity. Dragon boat races feature an exhilarating combination of premier sport competition in concert with an entertainment showcase for corporations, community organizations and families. They provide great opportunities for sponsors to reach a diverse group of consumers and business networks through an innovative medium.
Dragon boating is a fun team-building activity and participating in a dragon boat event can benefit warriors, family, caregivers, and others in numerous ways.
- Dragon Boating creates an inclusive environment - people of all ages and fitness levels can participate
- The nature of the sport emphasizes unity and working together
- Driving towards the finish line produces energy, enthusiasm and motivation
- Paddlers communicate by cheering each other on
- The sport encourages leaders to move to the forefront accomplishment among participants
- Twenty paddlers in one boat = increased camaraderie